Friday, December 26, 2008

wii Fun




After a day of nonstop wii, we finally broke from the monotony and went clearance shopping! YEAH! We bought a brand new Christmas tree for next year (our old one is getting, well old). some new lights, a few new decorations and a new wreath for the door. All in all it was pretty rewarding (for me). I'll tell you one thing, the wii is crazy. I love it, one of the best technological devices we have purchased, but after one day of yoga, bowling and boxing. I am sore! I think my husband and I have played it more than Alec (and it is his gift)!
Today as I watched my husband play wii with Alec, I felt very blessed. I was in the kitchen making chocolate covered pretzels, (while our youngest, Asher, rifled through the pantry pulling all the popcorn bags out of the box and dumping them on the floor). I felt blessed because I have a wonderful husband, who is an excellent father. I'll admit when your child ask you to play with him and it involves the wii, its not hard to comply. However, when your fully involved in play with praise and support. It means a lot. Unfortunately in my job (teacher), I am witness to underprivileged children. Not just financially. I mean they are underprivileged in all ways regarding love, naturing, any type of parenting. I realized how lucky I was to have such an involved husband. But as you can see from the picture, he can be a child himself. That is why I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment